Wednesday, May 25, 2005

OPEN LETTER


I know you expect so much from me. And I know I have as much to give. But first, I must learn to open my heart to you, to listen and to learn. I must put myself entirely into your hands and understand that I can trust you.

But I hesitate to surrender fully for I know that first, I must go through a lot of trials and tribulations and endure so much before I can be completely yours. I have walked hand in hand, heart to heart with you. I am sure you felt my grief as deeply as if it were yours. You care for me so much you are attuned to every bit of feeling in my heart. And yet, I ask you one more time to bear with me.

I know you are giving me time, guiding me with your Spirit to allow me to get over the chaos of what is now my life. Let me get over my fear, and get a handle on the myriad changes that are happening all at once. Please be patient a liitle bit more. I know that I can rely on your strength to carry me through. But I also know that you do not want me to muddle through life in less than my best. Mediocrity is not your style, and neither is it mine.

I am coming to you with my whole being, holding back nothing, fulfilling the promise I have given you. I have come with my life and my heart, to do with as you please. For eternity. Thank you, Jesus, for loving me as I am.