Friday, November 09, 2007

PREMONITION: IT HAS HAPPENED


The thing I was so afraid of has happened.Now I realize who, how and what it is. Steve had a car accident in Sudbury while coming home from visiting his brother from the hospital who just had a surgery. A drunk driver beat the red light and smashed into Steve's car, sending it spinning and leaving him with a dislocated shoulder and multiple fractures. He was already supposed to be going back to Toronto the following morning and has said he will call me before he leaves Sudbury. I am glad he survived with just those injuries and I thank God for that. Steve is now in the same hospital as his brother, no one to look after him as Randy and Carolyn are both in Toronto, around 4 1/2 hours to where Steve is. His sister in law has her husband to look after, but she is taking the time to look in on Steve and check on him. She also keeps Randy informed of his dad's progress and Randy in turn, relays it to me. Just a week from now, Steve is supposed to be back here for a really long vacation. We were wanting a church wedding on our second year anniversary, but I guess all plans are on hold for now as I don't even know if he will be well enough to hop on a plane and sit for long hours with his injuries. So this is what the premonition is all about. I'm just glad I may be just losing some of the things we have planned to do,but not him because I can't face losing the man who has become my world in the past two years. Get better soon, love. I miss you.