Saturday, February 12, 2005

GOOD MORNING, GOD!


Good morning, God. It’s 3 am, and I couldn’t sleep anymore. I woke up in full alert mode and I don’t know why. Did you wake me? Did you want something to tell me? Hmmm, I have just opened my devotional book, and I’m reading about depression, and suddenly, my friend Herman was in my mind. He needs a job, Lord, and I don’t know what the job situation is in Australia today. But it seems Herman is finding a hard time finding one. Can you please help him? He wrote me about being depressed and taking medications for it. The problem is being aggravated by his worries about not having a job, so I’m adding my prayers to his. And Edmond, this young guy from Ghana, he is such a sweet boy, I’m asking you to look out for him, please. He is a young Christian, still full of fire for the ministry. He has so many ideals, such high hopes, I’m praying that he will find the fulfillment he seeks for as a servant of The Most High. And that’s You, God.

Ain’t it funny? I was so tired last night I went to bed early. I was hoping I could sleep in today- no baby, no classes, and no worries. But You have a funny way of calling out to me. You seem to call me in the strangest places, and in ungodly hours. But, mind, I won’t have it any other way. You can call me anytime You want. You’re my very best friend and I’m available for You anytime You want me, okay? And I’m depending on You to be there for me. ALWAYS. Good morning, God. I love You.